Friday, June 3, 2011

First of Many?

Logan has always been a bruiser and Chad has warned me time and again that trips to the ER are definitely in our future. I just didn't think our first would be so soon!

This morning we were getting ready to head to my OB apt and Logan tripped in the garage and flew into the cement step leading into our house. He was behind me when it happened so when he first reached for me crying and buried his head into my shoulder I wasn't sure what happened but when he looked up at me this is what I saw....






I of course put him right in the car and headed to the ER. I sent this picture to Chad to get his opinion when I was on my way and of course had to call Taylor Brand, RN to make sure I was doing the right thing!

He only cried for about a minute but then he just looked so sad...seriously, poor guy! He was a big trooper at the hospital, letting all the nurses and doctor look at his "biiig bump."

By the time we were in the ER room the goose egg had gone down quite a bit. The doctor had Logan eat some Graham crackers and drink some juice to make sure he didn't get sick and then we just waited a bit and were released!

Proof that little boys are resilient.... Pictures Log took of himself while waiting to be checked out by a nurse.....









You can see how much it went down just in the car ride from Atlanta to Bloomington. I think this experience was way more traumatic for me then for Logan who just acted like it was an inconvenience to his day. As we were leaving the ER Logan was very concerned that we were not going to be able to go to the water park....crazy kid just took 5 years off my life and he's worried about his afternoon plans!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Laura said...

oh my goodness! i can not imagine how you must have been feeling!! those boys have our hearts & my goodness it's so horrible when they get hurt! we have yet to make an ER trip...knock on wood or something! i'm sure we'll have one at one time or another. way to be a trooper Log (and Rhen!:))

Jess said...

Oh my goodness my mouth dropped when I saw the bump at first!!! Poor lil boy! I am glad he is okay and that you are too!!! I always react like you did as well when bumps are on the head or they fall down ha but it's just b/c we love our lil babies :] I hate when they get hurt it's sooo sad. I am glad he is okay!!!!